Convalescent Plasma Treatment for COVID 19 has been widespread in the US. Following infection, many patients have donated their plasma containing SARS-CoV-2 antibodies to try to help patients with severe symptoms fight COVID-19. The big news today is that the emergency approval from the FDA for the use of plasma treatment is now on hold based on a lack of robust data that demonstrates efficacy. Dr. Seheult also discusses COVID 19 in India, Brazil, North Carolina, and college campuses that have experienced coronavirus outbreaks since resuming in-person classes
(This video was recorded August 20, 2020).
LINKS / REFERENCES:
Johns Hopkins Tracker | https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Worldometer | https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
USA Today | https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2020/08/17/unc-chapel-hill-covid-cases-fall-semester-online-classes/3383874001/
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill | https://carolinatogether.unc.edu/dashboard/
EdScoop | https://edscoop.com/universities-closed-due-coronavirus-2020/
The Conversation | https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-how-likely-are-international-university-students-to-choose-australia-over-the-uk-us-and-canada-142715
New York Times | https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/19/us/politics/blood-plasma-covid-19.html
CNN | https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/19/health/blood-plasma-emergency-use-on-hold/index.html
JAMA | https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2763983
Journal of Clinical Investigation | https://dm5migu4zj3pb.cloudfront.net/manuscripts/140000/140200/cache/140200.2-20200807145337-covered-253bed37ca4c1ab43d105aefdf7b5536.pdf
PubMed | https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32348485/
medRxiv | https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.08.12.20169359v1.full.pdf
THE MEDCRAM WEBSITE:
Visit us for videos on over 60 medical topics and CME / CEs for medical professionals: https://www.medcram.com
The Coming Pandemic Documentary
SUBSCRIBE TO THE MEDCRAM YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
Get notified of new videos by hitting the bell icon:
PREVIOUS COVID-19 UPDATES:
Please visit MedCram.com for the full series:
– At Home, Cheap, COVID-19 Tests with Results in 15 Minutes: How to Fix Testing with Dr. Michael Mina https://youtu.be/cP-MHKU_cQE
-Coronavirus Pandemic Update 102: COVID 19 vs. Influenza Symptoms; Sweden; Tocilizumab; Hawaii https://youtu.be/bQrooawwhLI
– COVID-19 Pandemic Update 101: T Cell Immunity vs. Antibodies & Prior Exposure to Other Coronaviruses https://youtu.be/i536vS3z3e8
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 100: Interferon Beta COVID-19 Treatment, and a Retrospective https://youtu.be/W1dA9VhL60A
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 99: “Long Haulers” – Lingering & Long-Term Symptoms After COVID-19 https://youtu.be/tFXr14xmuGw
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 98: At Home COVID-19 Testing – A Possible Breakthrough https://youtu.be/h7Sv_pS8MgQ
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 97: Vitamin D & COVID-19 Immunity, The Endothelium, & Deficiencies https://youtu.be/Mdc7T2UTHBI
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 96: RNA Vaccine; Ivermectin; von Willebrand Factor and COVID-19 https://youtu.be/kk7KNBak-i0
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 95: Widespread Clotting on Autopsy; New COVID-19 Prognostic Data https://youtu.be/bPDVzt79UMU
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 94: Inhaled Steroids COVID-19 Treatment; New Pneumonia in Kazakhstan? https://youtu.be/BG5pEDKbQv0
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 93: Antibodies, Immunity, & Prevalence of COVID-19 – New Data from Spain https://youtu.be/KRCnj3c_x7U
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 92: Blood Clots & COVID-19 – New Research & Potential Role of NAC https://youtu.be/kK-DNyKnb5c
All coronavirus updates are at MedCram.com (including the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, vaccine developments, convalescent plasma treatment, COVID in India, Brazil, and North Carolina. Rapid COVID-19 Testing, paper COVID 19 antigen tests, beta interferon, and more).
We offer many other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypertension, DKA, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) on our website.
MEDCRAM WORKS WITH MEDICAL PROGRAMS AND HOSPITALS:
MedCram offers group discounts for students and a variety of medical programs, hospitals, and other institutions. Contact us at [email protected] if you are interested.
Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
Associate Professor at the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
Media Contact: [email protected]
Media contact info: https://www.medcram.com/pages/media-contact
Video Produced by Kyle Allred
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Tweets by MedCramVideos
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.
#COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #FOAMed